Saturday, July 12, 2014

What is your favourite supporting colour for pink flowers? All pretty in pink - sold paintings

I sold these three paintings yesterday (I did a happy dance) and they will be on their way to the US next week.

These look great as a group and I do like the combinations of colours but hadn't really thought about how often I use them together. The purple/turquoise/pink combination is hard to beat but perhaps it is time to think about using other colours with pink flowers.

I used more blue in the background of this painting which gives a softer, more gentle look. Perhaps a pale greenish background would also work. What colour background is your favourite with pink flowers?
Sweet Memories - Roses still life
palette knife paintings
24x30cm (approx 10x12inches)
Oil on canvas panel 
Available in my Etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...