Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blue Trio Clematis painting in acrylic.

Blue Trio Clematis painting
40x60cm
Acrylic on box canvas so no need for a frame


I painted this clematis painting en plein aire a few years ago. I liked the composition but struggled with the background and eventually settled on a yellow complement background. It has been hanging on my wall since then but the background always bugged me. Last week I had the urge to redo the background and settled on this pale ochre background with a touch of orange. I like it a lot now and I think sets off the clematis flowers nicely. Unfortunately, I lost my previous photos in a computer crash so cannot show you the old painting for comparison. It is funny how some paintings have to sit for a while waiting for the right time for inspiration to strike and become finished.

Contact me about this or any other painting HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...