Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Container Glory garden flowers, container flowers WIP

Container glory oil painting
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
oil on MDF canvas panel
Started using a brush and finished using a palette knife
This painting is for sale in my Etsy shop
or contact me about this or any other painting HERE

Step 1, Loose block in of the local colours using thin paint
 Step 2, starting to define the masses using thicker paint alternating between the brush and knife
Step 3, just using the knife now and thicker paint, looking at the shadows and highlights to get a more 3D effect

I reduced some of the busyness in the top right hand corner and added more highlights and shadows. I also made sure I had more 'breathing space' at the top of the flowers as I felt it was a bit too dense. I also made sure the colours were balanced adding a bit of red to the purples and some purples to the reds.

I painted some of my container geraniums last year. See HERE and HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...