Monday, May 6, 2013

Iris season is with us

 Last Saturday saw our annual pilgrimage to 'Iris en Provence' iris nursery/farm located near Hyeres. It's quite a long drive from home but we make a day of it by taking the coast road along the riviera. It is only a small place but the different varieties of iris they have are superb. The colours are sublime. Of course I always come away with a car full of new irises, which is a bit of a hit on the wallet but well worth it. The irises I bought last year are just coming into bloom in the garden, so watch out for a new batch of iris paintings.
Here are a few photos to whet your appetite.
 Variety Teamwork

 Variety World Premier
 Variety Rustler

Click here to see my white iris painting of one I bought two years ago. This was painted last year.
Contact me about this or any other painting HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...