Monday, January 9, 2012

Dancing Fuschias Acrylic Painting

This is one of my earlier works that I realise I have not previously shared with you.
 Dancing Fuchsias by Marion Hedger
Acylic on box canvas
40x40x5cm (16"x16"x2")
My Website  
This was one of my first paintings on a black gessoed background. I cropped a larger photo to obtain the a more macro image and generally scumbled all the colours on until the depth of colour required was achieved, but first I gradually lightened the highlights with a thin scumbling of white. The darks have less layers than the light areas, especially the deeper darks. That is one of the advantages of the black background it creates some lovely darks, although I never leave the pure black showing.
This image is also available as a mousemat from Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...