Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hydrangeas at my back door, 1 hour challenge

I entered this painting into the weekly challenge on dailypaintworks.com. The challenge was to paint from nature using a limited palette of cadmium yellow light, cadmium red, ultramarine blue and white, just using 3 brushes - a large, medium and small, and to painting it within an hour.
Hydrangeas by my back door
Oil on gessoed board 20x30cm
These hydrangeas are already past their best, and believe it or not are brilliant white! After they have flowered, they then turn this pinky/greeny/grey colour, almost as if they are spent from the beautiful show they put on. I just mangaged this within the hour and I tried so hard not to fiddle. This was harder than it looked and I think I fussed a bit too much on the hydrangeas, but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...